Search This Blog

5 May 2017

Comic busts

This caught my eye the other day...


For those that are interested in acquiring a bust of Modesty Blaise, look no further than here

It then got me thinking about which other comic heroes had been immortalised in a bust (as distinct from, say, a sculpture), two came to mind immediately...

First up is John Fowler's bust of Dan Dare...the bronze version was initially situated at the entrance to a shopping arcade in Southport (but was subsequently moved to protect it). Painted versions were also available - limited edition of 30 I think.



Second (and final one for me) was this bust of the detective Sexton Blake - who started out as a star of text stories but finished up having his adventures illustrated in comics


Who have I missed though? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment